A major part of your everyday schedule is made up of the time you spend in the office. You can truly say that your office cubicle is your second home. About 12 to 14 hours a day is spent in the office working for the growth of your organization. A well decorated office cubicle reflects an individual’s personality. Decorated cubicles always represent your position in the company and your responsibilities. A messed up cubicle can never represent your expertise but may be a reason to be ashamed. Decorating your office cubicle is essential because working for long hours in a dull cubicle with only a computer can be extremely boring. There must be items in your cubicle that refreshes as well as relaxes you. These items must also help you to complete your work more dedicatedly and efficiently. Decorated cubicles can make your work more enjoyable. With the help of some tips you can always remain up to date and charged up.
Office cubicles do not provide you a lot of room but they do provide you a private space for yourself. It provides you a workspace where you can spend your time working dedicatedly and without interference from others. They are not exactly like a private office but still they can be decorated and kept clean. If your work engages you and requires you to sit for hours in front of your computer then you may feel like redesigning your surroundings. Giving your cubicle a personalized look may add freshness and will create an informal environment in the office that is specific to you. Cubicles can be decorated according to the office environment and your specific taste. If your superiors allow you to decorate your cubicle, then you can start with simple decorations such as putting pictures of your family up or decorate it with posters so that they bring smile to your face now and then.
Office furniture cubicles can be decorated in many ways such as
1. You must have an organized cubicle that is kept properly cleaned. All files as well as folders should be placed in their respective cabinets, racks or drawers. If your workspace is clean and tidy you will definitely have the ability to work more efficiently. A cluttered or unorganized cubicle may cause several problems for you. You may even misplace important documents, files and folders. As a working professional keeping your workspace unorganized is not a good thing.
2. Before decorating your cubicle you must first select a color scheme that goes well with the office themes. Later on you can decorate it or accessorize it by using folders, mugs, paper hole punches and binders of the same color.
3. Other than mugs, you can also select stationery, mouse pad and frames of the same color or a contrast color.
4. You can even use posters for your office cubicle and add some additional accessories like pen stands or card carriers.
5. If you are a simple person, then you can simply put some motivational quotes up that may help you and motivate you while you are working.
6. On Christmas you can put up a small table to put a decorated Christmas tree on. You can also place cards given to you by your family and friends. Decorations of this sort provides you with a festive look.
7. Decorating your cubicle and providing it a comfortable feel can be accomplished using cushions for your office chair and also for your foot stool, if you have one, so that you can relax your feet and be comfortable.
8. Put a calendar on the wall of your cubicle or place a desk calendar on your desk so that you can enjoy each moment you spend working in your workstation.
9. Plants provide a fresh feel so, if given permission, you can even put table plants on the desk. Fresh flowers or office plants energize you and motivate you while you are working.
10. Try not to decorate your cubicle with flashy colors and accessories. Too much personalization can disturb the work atmosphere and you may also lose contact with your colleagues.
Decorating your workspace has a direct impact on the working atmosphere of the office. It relaxes you and thus, helps you to work more productively & efficiently. You must design and decorate your office in a satisfying way while at the same time trying not to disrupt your surroundings. Your office furniture and cubicles are for you to work without any distraction. Office cubicles can be a fine image of your personal taste and also provide a motivating office space. Decoration of your office only requires a small touch of modernization, improvement and proper enthusiasm to create your own specific office cubicle.